Photo enforcement cameras at a Chandler intersection will start taking pictures of law-breaking drivers on Monday, May 1.
The cameras are at the intersection of McQueen and Queen Creek roads and will only monitor drivers going north or south on McQueen.
While the cameras will be turned on on Monday, violators will only receive a warning during the month of May. On Thursday, June 1, citations will be given to drivers caught speeding or running the red light at the intersection.
With the new cameras, the City of Chandler has a total of 12 intersections that have photo enforcement cameras. The city received the cameras from American Traffic Solutions. All of the cameras monitor for red light runners and speeders.
Five intersections became fully operational on June 20, 2016. Two additional intersections became fully operational on Oct. 1, 2016.
Four more intersections became fully operational on Dec. 1, 2016.
All 12 intersections with photo enforcement cameras in Chandler are listed below.
- Eastbound Ray Road at Alma School Road
- Westbound and southbound Warner Road at Alma School Road
- Westbound Chandler Boulevard at Kyrene Road
- Southbound and eastbound McClintock Drive at Ray Road
- Westbound Chandler Boulevard at Dobson Road
- Westbound and southbound Alma School Road at Queen Creek Road
- Eastbound Ray Road at Rural Road
- Southbound Arizona Avenue at Warner Road
- Southbound Arizona Avenue at Ray Road
- Southbound Arizona Avenue at Ocotillo Road
- Southbound and Westbound Dobson Road at Ray Road
- Southbound and Northbound McQueen Road at Queen Creek Road
As always, the Chandler Police Department reminds drivers to be alert when driving, avoid distractions and follow all traffic laws.
Copyright 2017 KPHO/KTVK (KPHO Broadcasting Corporation). All rights reserved.